In this second installment of this series, I will ponder the various uses of pesto.
Problem: I never seem to need exactly one jar of the stuff. It’s either 2/3 or 1 1/2 jars.
Dish in which the first half of a package is usually used: Pasta on a lazy weeknight or pizza
Ideas for using it up:
- obviously: more pasta (tested)
- rice with pesto, maybe?
- obviously: more pizza (tested)
- spread it on grilled cheese sandwiches (tested) or burgers (tested)
- make bruschetta and use up any stale bread that’s lying around as a bonus!
- give a flavor boost to a simple side-dish of oven-roasted tomatoes
- mix it with cream cheese, hard-boiled egg yolks and parmesan and make tasty deviled eggs.